Credit Analyst – 5+ years experience
The Credit Analyst is responsible for processing and analyzing credit applications for loans and leases to customers acquiring industrial equipment, submitted by customers directly, vendors and account managers. The Credit Analyst will review requests for accuracy and completion, while processing applications timely and underwriting with the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
The Credit Analyst will initially report to the President and the position is located in Calgary, AB.
- Review all credit requests.
- With assistance of Account Managers gather all required credit information including applications, credit bureaus, corporate name and verification, trade reference and financial statements for the purpose of establishing a credit profile sufficient to make an informed credit decision.
- Prepare all credit file packages to a level that reflects the sophistication of the credit requested.
- Develop and utilize financial statement analysis skills to spread financial statements and prepare written comments highlighting important aspects of the financial statements
- Approve credit decisions within approved authorities.
- On credit decisions in excess of approved sign-off level, seek second sign-off signature from appropriate authority.
- Maintain open communication with Account Managers, Funding Partners, Documentation and Customer Service.
- Establish and maintain resources and methodology to effectively establish and analyze current equipment values.
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures to minimize risk and improve underwriting quality.
- Maintain a constant and proactive vigilance for credit fraud.
- Maintain Credit Department policy and procedure manual.
- Responsible for data input and integrity of Aspire and Lease Plus data as it relates to Credit’s role.
Education and Experience Required
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance preferred.
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: loan or lease underwriting, portfolio asset management or formal credit/risk management coursework /training preferred.
- Familiarity of financial statements and experience preparing written summaries of key information. Financial statement analysis includes: ratio analysis, review of industry norms, trending, and cash flow analysis.
- Experience interpreting key financial information and assessing the potential impact to the borrower is necessary.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and effectively work on multiple tasks in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, energy, and a positive customer and quality focus with ability to work within a team environment.
- Understands industrial equipment including truck, trailer, construction, forestry and agricultural equipment collateral. Analyzes collateral position and completes Aspire software to outline collateral exposure on transactions.
- Heavy equipment, transportation, energy services or construction industry experience is a benefit.
To apply, please email your resume before June 21, 2019.
Stride Capital is a young Canadian based equipment financing and leasing provider that blends modern finance products with a common sense lending model. As a direct lender, you will be part of a growing team of dedicated professionals working in an entrepreneurial environment.
3 years ago